21 January 2015

A toddler in love

T:
Mama, can I marry you?
M:
oh, no, sorry darling. I'm already married. To daddy.
T:
that's not kind to me 
M:
sorry sweet boy. You normally marry someone the same age as you though...what about Eleanor or Laura? You could marry one of them?
T:
do I have to kiss them?
M:
well, people who are married do tend to kiss. You usually marry someone who you would like to kiss every day.
T:
my not like kissing Eleanor. I know. My marry James!
M:
do you want to kiss James then sweetheart?
T:
nooo, don't be silly Mama. My a boy, James a boy, my like boys, we like cars.
And off he skipped. Dear Lord, don't let his innocent spirit be too harshly dented by outside influences. Let him always be full of simple love, straightforward friendship and uncomplicated logic

No comments:

Post a Comment