4 January 2016

Happy New Year!

New Year, new goals. I try to choose one for myself, one for our family, one for health, one related to money etc...
OK, so resolution number 1 was to blog every Monday, Wednesday and Friday...and clearly I have failed this at the first hurdle. Wheeeee, Friday 1st January zoomed past and I didn't even blink. The shame!

Hey ho, onwards and upwards. I have 5 resolutions this year and I am going to work so, so hard to keep them alive and well. They are written out and stuck on the fridge door to encourage and remind me. They are as follows...



OK, resolution 1 is as above. Moving swiftly on...

To cook a roast dinner for my family every Sunday. This is something I didn't do once during 2015 (don't all be appalled, I feed them, obvs, I just don't cook roasts!) Hopefully, cooking big family dinners will protect our Sundays ie: if I know I have to be at home and cook a roast I'm less likely to schedule far too many weekend activities that make us all exhausted and grumpy...? That's my theory anyway, we'll see how we get on?!
To only drink wine on a Friday evening.This is self-explanatory and negates the need for an exercise-based resolution!! 


 



To spend less money!Curse the old house and it's complete and utter reluctance to sell, it is causing us sleepless nights. The list of things we want/need to do once it's sold is getting longer by the day/hour/minute...

 


To take Baby to more activity classes in the week.Poor little second-born. His elder brother was carted here, there and everywhere...yoga, music, tumble tots, playgroup, dancing, cooking...he didn't even have time to catch his baby breath! Baby, on the other hand, has been to 5 ill-fated Diddidance sessions and is just pootling through life fitting in with Boy's school schedule. This will be rectified this year, especially if he's going to start nursery in the autumn. His baby Japanese skills are suffering greatly!!
So there you have it. 5 aims to work on for the next 12 months. I shall see how I get on, anything more than abject failure is a win in my book! Did you make any resolutions or are you totally against them and all they stand for?

No comments:

Post a Comment