30 September 2016

On girlfriends and drama

For newcomers to the blog, I am a mother, a wife, an adult woman who lives in the burbs. Besides my Husband and my boys, my family is made up of incredible women who I have 'collected' over the years. They genuinely mean the world to me. I think I treat them kindly, I try to be honest and dependable and am incredibly loyal. I don't really engage in drama and I think long and hard about what to say when girlfriends turn to me for advice; I try to consider the weight of my words. I really do work hard on my female relationships and I value them more than I could explain on here.

I also finished high school a loooooong time ago and as such don't really deal with gossip and mood swings on a day-to-day basis. Unfortunately, at the moment it would appear that there are some people in my life who are convinced we are all still teenagers, consumed with pointless drama and determined to make life as awkward and miserable as possible, all the while taking no responsibility for their own actions. Giving the cold-shoulder, making snotty comments just out of earshot, just generally being mean and unkind for no real reason. For the most part, I am ignoring them and hoping they turn their ridiculous negative attentions to something else (or just cheer the fuck up?!) but part of me is frustrated, angry and beginning to get upset. 

In times like these I am reminded of the inherent goodness of girlfriends. Those who remind you to be positive in a sea of pessimism, those who encourage you to find the light in a dark place, those who text to say 'you are loved' when you're feeling criticised, those who turn up with gin when you need a night of ranting! I hope that I'm half as good a friend as the women who surround me! 

The ever-giving Pinterest provided me with some positive reminders about drama and the vital skill of self-preservation...

... don't need the energy draw if it happens too often.  Only have so much energy:

"Watch out for the joy stealers: gossip, criticism, complaining, fault finding and a negative judge mental attitude":

And those, my sweets, are the ones to avoid.:

Positive // what you give will eventually come back to you // good people // my circle:

Edit your life frequently:


"Negative people gravitate towards people who give them a reaction. This gives them a little light in the darkness of their angry, lonely world":

Behind every successful woman is a tribe of other successful women who have her back. #quotes:

Every woman should have friends like this! I'm so blessed to have mine!:



I am long overdue a life-edit and I think the time has come. 
There will be no drama and no hurtful words but something has to be done. 
The mood-hoovers can move on, they are not welcome here any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment